Jay’s Nest provides accommodation for 2 adults – open plan living room, kitchen/dining room, 1 double bedroom with en suite bathroom.
We regret that Jay’s Nest is not suitable for wheelchair bound guests – the property is built on a hillside & negotiating the access steps is necessary to reach the entrance.
- Our website address is www.jaysnestcottages.co.uk
- You can contact us to make a booking by the website, telephone or e mail.
- Windermere railway station is a 3 minute taxi ride or 15 minutes walk to Jay‘s Nest .
- A bus stop is located 2 minutes walk away, at the top of Thornbarrow Rd, on the Windermere to Bowness bus route.
- Windermere is 10 minutes walk away or a 2 minute drive.
- A travel cot can be provided on request for 1 baby.
- Jay’s Nest is only suitable for guests with visual or hearing impairment who are accompanied (to ensure safety of the guest)
ARRIVAL & CAR PARKING FACILITIES
- A tarmac car parking space is available for guests off our shared private drive.
- The parking area is partly on a slope.
- A flight of 10 in total easy-going sandstone steps leads up to the garden area – the risers are 170mm, the treads are 400mm. The steps have a continuous handrail
- A level sandstone surfaced path leads through the garden & up a further single step to the front double doors – the minimum width of the steps & path is 1100mm.
- The steps & path are well lit – the lights are activated by a movement detector.
- The double entrance doors are the only entrance into Jay’s Nest.
- A single step, 190mm high, leads from the access path onto a wide sandstone landing.
- The entrance is covered with a slate-roofed canopy.
- The entrance is lit – the lights are activated by movement sensors.
- The entrance doors are manually operated, the clear width of 1 opening door leaf is 838mm.
- There are external & internal door mats.
- The doors are of contrasting colour to the background.
- The owners accommodation is attached to Jay’s Nest (though entirely private from it). Assistance with luggage etc can be provided on request.
- If the owners are not present to give access the keys will be left in the wall mounted key cabinet – the security code will be e mailed or posted to you before your visit.
- If we are present to greet you we will give you a full familiarisation tour to aquaint you with how to operate all appliances, controls etc.
- The open plan living room, kitchen/dining area has a polished oak floor. The living room has a wool rug – we recommend you bring slippers/indoor shoes with you.
- There is a multi light feature pendant light to the centre of the room.
- Lighting to the living room is by floor & table lamps.
- The kitchen is lit by spotlights.
- The dining table has a pendant light over.
- The LCD flat screen television has teletext function & remote control. A DVD player is provided.
- There is no telephone line into Jay’s Nest. Should you need to make an emergency phone call, please contact the owner in the adjoining property. There is good mobile telephone reception.
- A cd player with fm radio is provided.
- The wall mounted feature gas fire is fitted with a catalytic converter. A permanent replacement air supply is located behind the large radiator.
- The kitchen is open plan to the living room & dining area.
- The worktop height is 900mm above floor level.
- The kitchen worktop has a laminated surface.
- All appliances are Bosch, Hotpoint or Neff, are under counter, fully integrated & built in – instructions of use for appliances are located in the drawer to the right hand side of the oven.
- The hot water is not thermostatically controlled. The tap is a single lever mixer tap.
- The hob is electric with a near-flush ceramic surface.
- The oven/grill is electric also.
- Fridge/freezer is provided, also washer/dryer & dishwasher.
- A microwave is provided, also with a grill & this sits on the kitchen worktop.
- Ceiling mounted spot task lighting is provided with additional task lighting from the stainless steel extractor hood.
- There is a fire blanket wall hung over the free standing unit should it be required.
- The main living room, kitchen/dining space has a mains powered smoke alarm. In the event of a fire in the living space, this will be clearly audible in the bedroom. The accommodation has been inspected & approved by SLDC Building Control under The Building Regulations 2000 – a fire escape window is provided in the bedroom as an alternative escape route. The alarm has no flashing light. We therefore regretfully consider Jay’s Nest to be unsuitable accommodation where both guests have impaired hearing.
- The bedroom door is 838mm wide (2’9”).The bedroom floor is carpeted.
- The bed is king size with Egyptian cotton sheets & duvet. The bed is 550mm above floor level. The pillows & duvet are filled with non-allergy type fibres.
- Bedroom lighting is from recessed spotlights in the ceiling. There are also bedside table lamps.
- The bathroom is en suite to the bedroom & cannot be accessed direct from the living space – we consider this arrangement fine for couples. There is no smoke alarm or indicator in the bathroom.
- The floor space clear of sanitary ware is 2.4m x 1.4m in size. The floor is finished in ceramic tiles with under-floor heating controlled by a timer. The single leaf access door is 672mm wide (2’3”).
- The shower is located over the shower-bath. This is widened at the shower end with a curved glass screen. The shower is thermostatic. The bath lip is 550mm above floor level. A non-slip shower mat is provided – this is located in the linen cupboard .
- The wash basin taps & bath taps are not thermostatic.
- There are no support rails to either the shower-bath or wc.
- Clean linen & towels are provided.
- 2 Pillows are provided per person.
- There are 2 duvets – summer & winter tog.
- The kitchen has a washer/dryer for guests use.
- A drying rack is provided also.
- The timber decking area is accessed by 4 sandstone steps & offers fabulous views. These steps have no handrail.
- Garden furniture on the deck includes table, chairs & barbecue. Cushion covers for the seats are located in the cupboard adjacent to the dining table.
- There is a 1.2m drop from 2 sides of the deck. There is no guardrail. The edge of the deck is marked by decking lights for your safety – these are turned on manually by the grey external lightswitch to the left of the entrance doors.
- The deck can be slippy when wet – please take care.
- Regretfully pets are not accepted – however, feel free to play with our black Labrador, Holly, at your own risk!
- For the benefit of other guests, smoking is not permitted in Jay’s Nest. However, we have no problem with guests smoking outside. There is a slate canopy overt the front door to keep you dry if it is raining!
- A fire risk assessment has been carried out – there is a copy in the information pack located on the TV table. Please read this carefully.
- All gas appliances are inspected annually by a CORGI registered plumber.
- All electrical appliances are tested annually by a NICEIC registered electrician.
- c/o Birkett Knott, Victoria Rd, Windermere, LA23 2DP.
- Telephone: 015394 88835 or 07795 00 88 17.
- E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.jaysnestcottages.co.uk
- Emergency numbers are printed in the information pack.
- Local accessible taxi numbers: Cumbria Taxis 015394 45246, Abacus Taxis 015394 88285
We will continually strive to improve Jay’s Nest where possible & welcome your feedback. Please inform us immediately of any problems. We welcome all guests to leave their comments in our visitors book.